Previous section Next section Previous page Next page Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Page 211 of 211
Topic:
Toronto & Buffalo HDTV reception...
This thread has 3152 replies. Displaying posts 3151 through 3153.
Post 3,151 made on Friday April 18, 2014 at 21:14
keaster2000
Long Time Member
April 2007
WBXZ Channel 56 (RF17) is now on the air from the HSBC building in downtown Buffalo try and see if you can get them.

Comments on their facebook page are that people in Whitby, and Scarborough are able to pick this new channel up pretty good.

They're in the testing mode right now so it's older "public domain' programming

WBXZ will be home to COZI, Retro TV, PBJ and Heartland. They hope to get Movies! too.

56-1 thru 56-6.
Post 3,152 made on Friday April 18, 2014 at 23:51
chrisRW
January 2014
On April 18, 2014 at 21:14, keaster2000 said...
WBXZ Channel 56 (RF17) is now on the air from the HSBC building in downtown Buffalo try and see if you can get them.

Comments on their facebook page are that people in Whitby, and Scarborough are able to pick this new channel up pretty good.

They're in the testing mode right now so it's older "public domain' programming

WBXZ will be home to COZI, Retro TV, PBJ and Heartland. They hope to get Movies! too.

56-1 thru 56-6.

Thank you for the heads up, but so far black screen (as in no signal) for DTV 56, and I played a lot with my indoor antenna located very close to the balcony facing Lake Ontario. Eglinton Ave E and McCowan Rd in Scarborough.
We don't know transmitter's power and height yet.
As soon as I get it on, I'll post back in this very thread.

[Link: facebook.com]

All the best.

PS I don't think their signal is ever gonna cross Lake Ontario, at least for now:

[Link: wbxztv.com]

They are using a low-powered transmitter.

Last edited by chrisRW on April 19, 2014 00:03.
Post 3,153 made on Saturday April 19, 2014 at 22:03 ...it's new!
rfdude
Long Time Member
March 2008
Is there a service available to stream ION and WBBZ?

I live NW of Toronto and get most of the Buffalo stations with a decent antenna and preamp on a 48' tower. ION and WBBZ are the two that are missing. TVFOOL shows ION to be 2edge. WBBZ is just not there despite having a VHF fringe antenna.

If I set up a stream myself, HDHomeRun Plus could work if I set it up a friends house near Fort Erie. But I'd pretty much own his upload capacity when streaming.

Any idea's?
rfdude
Find in this thread:
Page 211 of 211

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse