Previous section Next section Previous page Next page Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Page 217 of 217
Topic:
Toronto & Buffalo HDTV reception...
This thread has 3245 replies. Displaying posts 3241 through 3246.
Post 3,241 made on Tuesday May 31, 2016 at 07:44
the-one
February 2016
On May 30, 2016 at 18:37, OBICO said...
Only receiving 56-1 WBXZ — no sub-channels!

I have been getting 56 (all 8 of them) and 67 this morning In Brampton. Its nice watching METV.
Post 3,242 made on Tuesday May 31, 2016 at 08:10
Wilson7777
July 2014
That's great.

I usually get 51 and 67 in the evening or early in the morning only. The rest of the day the signal is too low. I only managed to get 56 one evening a few weeks ago, after that it won't come in. Still can't receive 2 (NBC) at all. Signal is in the 60's but I still don't get a picture. I have tried a pre-amp and it does boost the signal strength but I still get no picture. It's like someone or something is blocking it.
Post 3,243 made on Tuesday May 31, 2016 at 08:14
the-one
February 2016
On May 31, 2016 at 08:10, Wilson7777 said...
That's great.

I usually get 51 and 67 in the evening or early in the morning only. The rest of the day the signal is too low. I only managed to get 56 one evening a few weeks ago, after that it won't come in. Still can't receive 2 (NBC) at all. Signal is in the 60's but I still don't get a picture. I have tried a pre-amp and it does boost the signal strength but I still get no picture. It's like someone or something is blocking it.

I'm not sure where your located but I can get WGRZ here in Brampton. I have my antenna on the roof hooked onto a 10 foot pole and don't have a Preamp, which I really should get lol, and I get channel 2.
Post 3,244 made on Monday June 20, 2016 at 09:00
Wilson7777
July 2014
I'm located in North St. Catharines. Saturday evening and Sunday morning I was able to get 3 channels (and their subchannels) from Rochester NY! I couldn't believe it. Last night I couldn't get them anymore though. Maybe it was just the way the wind was blowing? I have no idea but I thought it was so awesome! I was hoping I could get Rochester's NBC since I still can't get it from Buffalo but no such luck.....

I don't have my antenna pointed towards Rochester at all, it's pointed directly towards Buffalo. Just thought I would share, not sure if anyone else has ever gotten Rochester before. I was able to get their FOX, PBS, and CBS channels.
Post 3,245 made on Monday June 20, 2016 at 14:10
the-one
February 2016
You would have a better chance then me since your closer to the US boarder. I am in Brampton so I would have zero chance of getting Rochester. You will notice that in the Summer, you will start getting those channels that are boarder line signal strength then in the winter, I believe it has something to do with the weather. In the summer I get WBXZ and ION stations more often then winter and normally at night time.
Post 3,246 made on Monday June 20, 2016 at 17:54
OBICO
April 2014
Bell Media declines to renew its broadcast licence for many of their analogue CTV and CTV TWO transmitters across Canada.  Their current licence will expire August 2017.  In southern Ontario they include:

CKVR-TV-1   Parry Sound   .12.
CJOH-TV-6   Deseronto      .6.
CJOH-TV-8   Cornwall        .8.
CKNX-TV      Wingham       .8.
Find in this thread:
Page 217 of 217

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse