General Consumer Remotes Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Topic:
Replacing Denon RC-897 Remote With Universal Remote
This thread has 1 response. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Tuesday June 1, 2010 at 11:47
deadparrot
June 2010
Hi, I have recently dug my old Denon AVR-1802 receiver out of storage, but cannot find the remote! I know that the correct remote is Denon's RC-897, but a replacement is nigh on impossible to come by. Is there a newer Denon or 3rd party remote which will work with my AVR-1802 without the need for the original remote to program it? Thanks.
Post 2 made on Tuesday June 1, 2010 at 14:24
3FG
Select Member
August 2009
I suppose that many universals would provide basic control.

I am familiar with remotes made by UEI, and the following remotes are known to work using setup code Audio 1360 (31360 in the remotes which take 5 digit setup codes).

If you intend to buy a new remote, the RCA RCRP05B is currently available for $15 at Walgreens. Best Buy also carries it. Another new model is the OneForAll URC-8820N/10820N for a similar price at Sears. These are available online for less.

You may have a suitable remote laying about the house.
Comcast remotes will work
Many other cable company remotes are based on the Atlas remote, which will work. Cox 7820 and Motorola set top remotes.
Radio Shack RS 15-100/133/134/135 models.
Many OneForAll models
High end Vizio TV remotes

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse