General Consumer Remotes Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Topic:
Daewoo TV/VCR: A/V In Control w/o Original Remote
This thread has 7 replies. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Friday November 10, 2000 at 00:41
thallgren
Historic Forum Post
I have a 13" Daewoo combination TV/VCR without the original remote. According to a bit of poking around on the net, it's either model #DVQ13H1FC or a close cousin. Both of them have front access A/V in ports. I have a simple RCA universal remote (RCU300T) that works all the basic functions without a problem--but I can't find a way to use the A/V ports. The remote I have has a menu button, but it doesn't do jack--the light on the remote doesn't even go on when I press the button. Is my existing remote operating correctly? Do I need a more advanced remote? Or is there not even a replacement remote that will do the job? Thanks.
OP | Post 2 made on Friday November 10, 2000 at 13:05
Dan Wickson
Historic Forum Post
Get newer one-for-all remote like the Cinema 7 or RS 15-1994 they come pre programed with AV input selection button.
OP | Post 3 made on Saturday March 3, 2001 at 09:51
joe moore
Historic Forum Post
Hi Dan,

I have the DVN14F6N4 Daewoo TV/VCR with front A/V ports, without a remote control. I found this site, read your msg, and purchased the the RS 15-1994. I want to use the system to playback and record (to VHS)video from my Sharp Viewcam (8mm). I have not been able to use the A/V ports to get the job done. You indicated the RS 15-1994 comes pre-programmed. How do I activate or select the A/V options? I have read the manual that comes with '94 and nothing jumps off the page about the A/v. If I press menu, the red light comes on but that's all that happens. I'd appreciate any tips you can provide.

Thanks.
OP | Post 4 made on Tuesday April 3, 2001 at 23:08
Dan Wickson
Historic Forum Post
Sorry for the really late reply Joe.

I have the same Daewoo tv/vcr combo.

I used the a-b or tv/vcr button on the RS 15-1994 remote that button was preprogramed for AV select.

If that doesn't work try the advanced code.

To use advanced code push the green program button on the remote then type the 3 digit code with the number keypad the remote should send the IR signal for AV select for your Daewoo tv/vcr.

TV Device code 0624
118 AV select

TV Device code 0451
118 AV select

BTW both these device codes work with the Daewoo DVN-14F6N tv/vcr

OP | Post 5 made on Wednesday April 4, 2001 at 18:40
Dan Wickson
Historic Forum Post
During my search for device codes for my Daewoo tv/vcr I also found VCR device code 0278 controls the vcr functions.
OP | Post 6 made on Wednesday April 4, 2001 at 18:44
Dan Wickson
Historic Forum Post
I forgot some of the vcr function buttons work as menu navigation buttons.

play = up
rewind = left
stop/eject = select
fast forward = right
pause = down
OP | Post 7 made on Monday April 9, 2001 at 17:02
Marcus Simmons
Historic Forum Post
Hello,

I have a DAEWOO DVR-7678N VCR that was given to me but without a remote. I need the IR Driver commands for my system to control it in my house. Can anyone assist me?

Thanks,
Marcus
OP | Post 8 made on Friday April 13, 2001 at 16:11
Dan Wickson
Historic Forum Post
Sorry home automation is a little too advanced for me.

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse