When I add my PHILiPS CD PLAYER (CD624/00b), using the original remote via "learn & match" the the remote links it to my PHILPS TV even though I just selected "Listen to CD using Philips CD. So when Listing to my cd's my TV goes on.
THIS CD player gets allocated the code 9010 and then I need to tell the remote which buttens to use to turn the CD player on and off. HOWEVER there is no remote on&off on this CD player model, only manual on & OFF.
3. I use the topfield DIGINETTE digital receiver (www.digitenne.nl
). The rc9800i calls this a satelite box and once installed gives me 6 (!!) pages to browse through with settings when watching TV. ONLY 2 pages really work and are relevant for this digitenne topfield box model. Philips should get rid of the other 4 usesless pages,it is not friendly.
4. When using AUTOSCAN, the codes are send for ON and OFF and YES my tuner amplifier of PHILIPS (FR 735) reactes to this and is turned of! However, this is done with every different code so, this still does not give me " my decive reacted" the right codes because remote ON or OFF works on nearly every decive
5. MY SLA5500 is not recognised as a MEDia Adaptor.
6. Software hangs sometimes for no reason.
7. when using the RC9800i in setup mode, the hard keys don't function anymore and this is irratating if you are for example watching TV. Very frustrating
8. When using the remote to WATH tv it does not show on the remoe WHICH channel you are watching...
...more to come I'm sure and lets hope for a quick update of the firmware...