On August 30, 2006 at 14:19, Klax said...
I am thinking about buying this product and I've read
the manual, but I have some doubts.
This is my setup:
- Amplifier with 5.1 speakers
- Cable Decoder (audio output is connected to amplifier's
optical input, video output is connected to TV 's SCART1
- HD-DVD (audio output is connected to amplifier's coax
input, video output is connected to TV's SCART2 input)
1) Is it possible to assign the volume buttons on the
remote to the Amplifier? I never use the speakers from
Yes it is!
2) And at the same time...is it possible to assign the
channel buttons on the remote to the Cable? I never use
the internal tuner from TV.
Yes it is!
3) Is it possible to setup the "Watching Cable TV" activity
(or create a new one) that would choose the right SCART
input from TV (SCART1 input) and choose the right AUDIO
input from AMPLIFIER (Optical input)? And after that,
would the Volume button control the Amplifier (not TV)
volume and the Channel button control the Cable Decoder
(not TV) channel?
Yes it does exactly this
4) As a generalization of 3, is it possible to setup your
own activities including as many devices as you want?
You can only choose from the available set of activities, but you will find the ones you need there. So in short you can add activities (from the available set) and include the devices which logically belong to that activity.