Your Universal Remote Control Center
RemoteCentral.com
Philips Pronto NG Family Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:
 
 

Topic:
Odd behaviour on RU950
This thread has 1 response. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Friday July 8, 2016 at 18:29
grommett
Junior Member
Joined:
Posts:
September 2013
7
I recently bought a used RU950 from ebay and finally got round to looking at it today.

I exported a config file from my old RU940 and successfully imported it into ProntoEdit NG. I was then able to save it as a Pronto NG configuration and uploaded it to the remote. When I tried to test it I found the buttons were not responding so I did a factory reset and calibrated the screen.

Then I created a brand new config file with one device and a few buttons. I then successfully uploaded this to the pronto but when I went to test it, I found it still had the original (converted) file that I previously uploaded. I cannot get rid of this configuration.

I figure there are 3 possibilities...

I bought a duff remote
My Win7 laptop system software and/or Pronto software is corrupt
I am doing something wrong

Help please, this is driving me insane.
OP | Post 2 made on Saturday July 9, 2016 at 10:22
grommett
Junior Member
Joined:
Posts:
September 2013
7
Or 4: it needed a firmware update. This took it right back to factory settings and no odd behaviour. Happy days.

Jump to


Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse