If you have experienced the TSU3000 touchscreen problem, please post indicating if you are still experiencing the problem or have found a permanent solution (from Philips or some action of your own). Please be brief, for example: problem: still occurs or problem solved: new unit from Philips
Still experiencing it from time to time. But it's been dry lately (my problems seem correlated with high humidity), so the remote still works...for now. When it does start raining and the remote stops working, a couple of days in a zippered plastic bag with some dessicant (silica gel) gets it working again.
I got the brush-off from Philips when I called them (I can't even PAY to have them fix it).
Eventually, when I can afford it, I will buy a new remote. Until then I make do with what I have, and stay away from all Philips products.
3 remotes here...Two of them belonged to customers of mine...
1 replaced 1 still non working 1 works intermittently
I tried the fix with the contacts on one of the units...no love there...I might try it on the intermittent one.
I won't even begin to describe what I went through getting the one replaced from Philips...Let's just say it was a less than pleasant experience...The one funny thing about that whole fiasco was the Philips CS rep who called a few days after I (finally) got the replacement...She wanted me to answer some questions on how my "customer service" experience went. And you know what? I was more than happy to let her know...
Well, here's my resolution after much complaining, and several e-mails, many of which went unanswered.
I sent several e-mails to Eric Gybels, the first was answered quite promptly, in which I was told that Philips was working on a solution for the unresponsive touchscreen issue. After waiting patiently for 6 weeks or so, I e-mailed him again and got no response. Two more follow-ups went unanswered. The day after I sent my third follow-up I received a reply from the Presidential Liason requesting further details. I was told, by her, that Philips had come up with a repair solution at a cost of about $75 US, and to contact the customer service department for details, and if there were any problems to contact her again.
My call to customer service didn't go well. First, they had never heard of the repair procedure, and offered me the standard refurb for $160 deal. Needless to say, I declined their generous offer, since a used one can be had on e-bay for as little as $100. The second issue was that they wouldn't help me since I live in Canada. No customer service outside the US.....
I contacted the Presidential Liason once more, and advised her of the results of my contact with customer service. Much to my surprise, I was offered a brand new TSU3000. Needless to say, this offer was graciously accepted.
On November 3, while waiting for my new remote, I received an e-mail from Erik Gybels advising me that Philips had implemented a special repair procedure for the issue that so many of us have had. Below, is a copy/paste of that e-mail:
Dear Mr xxxxxxxx
We have now implemented a special repair procedure for this problem.
Please contact our call-center at ( US (001) 888-486-6272 ) for further assistance
My replacement arrived November 10, brand new, in the box. Persistance is the key. Thanks Philips, for finally making good on this. I hereby retract my blanket condemnation of Philips, posted in the dead touchscreen thread.
Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.