The reason I wanted the RNG200N cisco cable box to only get its signal from that xantech is as follows:
1) I do not believe the rng200n has descrete codes
2) I have a system where I turn on the TV, preamp, cable box and their are other connections ie dvd, tape, tuner etc
3) On the pronto home screen, hitting the button "cable" turns on tv, preamp, and cable box and then the home screen jumps to another screen I call cable-num which are the channels I can choose.
4) if i return to the home screen ie exiting out of the cable-num screen, then I have to hit the cable button again on the pronto
5) My intentions are to get back to teh cable-num screen but what happens is the cable box turns off (toggle on -off)
6) If the cable box only sees the xantech signal, I could use the xantech in such a way (? toad command) that the second push on the cable button does not turn off the cable box because the xantech can sense the tv is on and not emit to the cable box when I push the cable button again on pronto.
Last edited by elannut on January 10, 2012 20:27.