Some theory, when you are dealing with one remote, then a 10% range of operation means that if I am only 9% high then it will work. If I learn this, and then the remote that I use to learn it is 6% high, then both devices are individually in spec, however the signal that I am producing is now 14% high. Now, if the receiver is 4% low then you have a condition where the learned signal will not work with the receiver but will work with the original remote. There are many variations on this scenario. And the best way to resolve it is to plant yourself in front of the device and using the test button in the pronto editor add IR, adjust the base frequency up and then down until it doesn't work. And then set the value to the split difference to the two. This will essentially calibrate the Added IR to the center operation frequency of the receiver, irrespective of the original transmitters frequency.
Having now had time to test this, I've found that I can press the OEM remote's record button as soon as I've pressed the power button and when the display comes on, it shows the deck is in the standard Record-Pause mode. So that's about 1 in total (probably less)
I've also found that the Pronto could well not be learning everything the OEM remote as if i press the Play button on the OEM remote, it'll bring the deck out of standby and start playing. If I try and do the same with the learned Play button on the Pronto, it won't do it.
There is a difference between a macro and a button with just one action. In a macro, each IR Code is transmitted once. In a single-action button, the IR Code is transmitted as long as you keep the button pushed.
It could be that in the macro, the transmit time is not quite long enough. Try multiple aliases to your Record button. If that does not work, there are other techniques to extend the duration of an IR transmission.
Well after spending time doing things a little more scientifically this afternoon, i think it could well be the duration of the power button (or at least something to do with the learned code).
At the moment (and it definitely wasn't doing this before, so something has started working somewhere), if i create a macro that does not include the power button in the sequence and start with the deck on rather than ins standby, the macro will start the deck recording.
The thing that seems to be tripping the process up is the power button, so if anyone can tell me how to adjust the time duration of the power button, I'll give that a whirl and see if it works.
Well it goes against the grain, but I can now use a work-around to the power button problem - I simply use the fact that the learned "play" button is now bringing the deck out of standby to run the following sequence:
Play delay Stop delay Record delay Play
which achieves the same end result. It's just annoying that i can't do it properly
Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.