|Post 1 made on Saturday June 10, 2017 at 12:20|
So I still use a mx3000 and I am not sure if anyone else did it but I got it to work with windows 10.
1) Locate the MX-3000Setup.exe
2) Right click then click properties
3) Click the second tab on top called compatibility
4) check the box labeled (run this program in compatibility mode for:)
5) set it to windows xp (service pack 2) click apply then ok.
6) Install MX-3000 EDITOR and ignore Windows Mobile Device Center (let it fail)
7)locate the main MX-3000 Editor file after install and set it to windows xp sp2 compatibility mode the same way we did in steps 2-5., should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Remote Control, Inc\MX-3000 Editor
8) install drvupdate-amd64.exe (google search)
Note: Do not let the remote go to sleep during the remaining steps.
• Connect the remote via USB
• Open Device manager
• Double-click the exclamation mark in Device Manager
• Click "Update Driver"
• Click "Browse My Computer"
• Click "Let Me Pick"
• Choose "Mobile Device"
• Choose "Microsoft" as the manufacturer
• Choose "Microsoft USB Sync"
Windows Mobile Device Center should now open, and the remote should chime when it connects.
With the mx still on open editor and test it.
|Post 2 made on Wednesday June 21, 2017 at 09:52 |
Worked for me after I made sure the remote did not go to sleep during the second process.
Please read the following:
Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace
. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here
. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.