URC's Consumer Remotes Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Topic:
MX-900 problems
This thread has 3 replies. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Saturday October 22, 2011 at 22:07
AAL
October 2011
I have a MX-900 with the software. I bought a new second TV (Vizio M470VT) for the home theater. I programmed volume and power with learn, all I need for this TV. It worked fine when I tested the buttons while hooked up to the computer. When it is unhooked it doesn't respond. Also, for my other TV(Aquos LC-52D62U) the macros or the punch through stopped working on the TV. The macros still turn on DVD, receiver, etc. but nothing with the TV. The macros and punch through work while hooked up to the computer. Can someone guide me in the right direction?
Is this fixable?
Should I go for a new or different remote?
I have the universal remote control base, which remote would you recommend for this base?
Post 2 made on Sunday October 23, 2011 at 14:01
goldenzrule
July 2007
Did you add a new device for the new Vizio TV or did you just go into the IR Database and select TV and then some Vizio model? If you did the ladder, you wiped out the codes from the Sharp TV and replaced with Vizio codes. If you look in the Macro, instead of TV/P-ON you will see some completely different code.
OP | Post 3 made on Thursday October 27, 2011 at 15:41
AAL
October 2011
Thank-You goldenzrule for the reply.
The old second TV died. I added the Vizio IR database into the spot the old TV was on the remote, that didn't work. Then tried to learn the power, vol up, and vol down for the Vizio and that didn't work either but I dealt with it because I could still change the channel through the DTV receiver and manually power the TV on and off. The main TV always worked after trying to add the Vizio until recently when the macros and punch throughs stopped working for the Sharp. The macros work all other components. I've reset the Sharp and nothing. Tried downloading the original MX-900 software that I saved prior to making any changes, nothing. When the MX-900 is plugged into the computer the macros and the punch throughs work like normal. When its unplugged it doesn't work. Not sure what to do next.
Post 4 made on Thursday October 27, 2011 at 20:37
goldenzrule
July 2007
I'm trying to follow exactly what you have done. If at all possible, can you send me your remote file to Mike@ExtremeElectronics.net and I will take a look and see if I can sort anything out.

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse