On April 28, 2011 at 09:33, Darnitol said...
I adapted these steps from another source, but here's the basic run-down for using most legacy URC remotes on Windows 7.
• Install Windows Mobile Device Center
• Connect the remote via USB
Note: Do not let the remote go to sleep during the remaining steps.
• Double-click the exclamation mark in Device Manager
• Click "Update Driver"
• Click "Browse My Computer"
• Click "Let Me Pick"
• Choose "Mobile Device"
• Choose "Microsoft" as the manufacturer
• Choose "Microsoft USB Sync"
Windows Mobile Device Center should now open, and the remote should chime when it connects.
I know this is old, but I just wanted to thank you for this post. I thought I needed to order an "original" cable for the older 3000's, but it turns out it was just a driver error.
I followed your instructions and I can now use my remote!