I own a Thomson Scenium TV. I tried to use that tv with different 'cheap' universal remote controls but that failed. for example, when I press the AV button that works. If I press the AV button again(to switch to the second av input), nothing happens. Only if I press some other button and then the AV button again, it switches to the next channel. same thing for example with 'mute'. 1st press mutes, but second leaves it muted. I thought that might be because a different code is sent on every second key press. On the other hand, I got hold of a pronto pro device (RU970) and I don't have this problem there, I can control this TV. Now a friend has lend me his brand new ipronto device (which I might be interessted in as well) but I have the same problem there as with the 'cheap' universal controls (when a key is repeatedly pressed, only the first press shows an action). Do you have any idea why this is like this? And can I do anything about it? I'm also somewhat disappointed in the rest of the ipronto... it doesn't support my WPA wireless network, the browser doesn't seem to know any plugins (java etc.) and when I surf for some minutes I almost certainly get the message that there is not enought memory to complete the request... And is there a way to test the 'builtin' codes? I can't really switch through every possible codeset of a thomson tv in the ipronto edit software, then load it to the ipronto and than test it...
Some IR codes have what is called a toggle bit. It changes form one to sero and then back to one with every key press. it does not matter what key you press. If the code is learned and it is not learned as a toggle code what you are seeing is what happens. An example of a togglieng code is Philips RC5 which all pronto recognise as such.
erm and the other question would be, is there a way to test preprogrammed (database) codes directly on the remote? without changing something in iprontoedit and uploading the config each time? it would take hours to check every possibility and I'm not sure wether it's good for the eeprom or whereever the config is sdtored to do all those uploads ...
I had the same problem with the Thomson codes for my DHD4000 freeview PVR ... the most transparent solution as far as the end user is concerned was to have two *IDENTICAL* pages set up on the iPronto and learn the first button press into the first page and the second button press into the second page then on each button on the page add a jump to the other page (are you following this?).
That way when you press - say - CH+ it sends the first code and jumps quickly to the second screen then if you press it again it then sends the second code (as it is now on the second screen) and jumps back to the first screen.
There is however a fix being worked on at the moment (I have been assured of this) and apparently it is dure to be released at the end of Q1 2005.
Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.