Ok here's what i did to enable the media feature on the 880 to pick a dvd from your changer and play it.
I'm going to assume you are able to import and/or type in the names of the dvd's using the "setup media" option, so i won't go in to detail there.
Here's everything else though:
1. on your logitech homepage under the "devices" section, under "DVD - Sony DVD (DVP-CX995V)" choose "more options".
2. click on "Advanced setup for this DVD"
3. check the box for "I want to turn off this device when it's not in use" and click next.
4. check the box for "One button on the remote for turning it both On and Off" and click next.
5. check the box for "I don't have the original remote, but I know the commands that are used: PowerToggle" and click next (i just did this out of laziness, you could also use your own remote)
6. click "next" on the page with the delay times
7. enter the number of discs your dvd player can hold: 400. click next.
8. check the box for "I use number keys to select a disc" and click next
ok here's where it gets odd:
9. for "What command do you use to START disc selection?", choose: ""My device needs more than one command to turn it on and off." Why they say "turn it on and off" i have no clue, but this is what is used to program it.
Now click next.
10. There should be multiple dropdown boxes now. For the first one, choose "display". For the second, choose "directionright". Leave the third empty.
11. for "What command do you use to FINISH disc selection?", again choose: "My device needs more than one command to turn it on and off."
12. For the first dropdown, pick "select". For the second AND third, pick "display" (this is done to get rid of the display screen afterwards)
Then keep clicking next until you're out of that screen and back to the homepage.
Upload your changes to the remote, and presto, media function should work fine.
For what its worth, the logitech page wins my award for worst design and least usable webpage ever. Its unreal that a company that makes such an amazing product would pair that product with an impossible webpage.
On December 27, 2006 at 23:29, presideo said...
I would LOVE to know how you finally got it working, I
have the same setup and I can't figure it out and it is
driving me nuts. :)
any help would be greatly appriciated!