Hey, I was having problems for a long, long time with IE5.5 and was finally given the answer!
It would pause about every 5 to 10 links for anywhere from 15 to 60 seconds....... just sorta waiting for nothing. Then when it hooked up, everything downloaded at the proper speed.
So, if you have the problem, here's the answer, courtesy of Andrew Liebe, a user on VirtualDr.com.
Hey...I just noticed that you posted you had a problem with your DSL lagging
every 5-6 links or so. Here is something I found out on www.dslreports.com :
1. Right click on Network Neighborhood on your desktop and go to
2. Under the configuration tab, find the TCP/IP protocol that has your
NIC card attached to it.
3. Click on the properties for the above mentioned
4. On the very first window that appears click on Specify an IP address
5. Enter the following:
a. IP address 10.255.255.10
b. Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
6. Click on OK
7. Click on OK again
8. Windows should appear to install something than it will ask to
10. Your problem should be solved
Works like a charm! No hesitations ever! None!
.... Greg :-)))))) a happy camper!!!!