1. What was the first video played on MTV in America?
On Aug. 1, 1981, MTV broadcast their first video, "Video Killed the Radio Star," by The Buggles. Fun fact: "You Better Run," by Pat Benatar, was the second video to be played on MTV.
2. "We Got the Beat" was a hit for what '80s all-girl group?
The Go-Go's album, Beauty and the Beat, featuring the hit song "We Got the Beat", 'was released in the summer of 1981. The album held the No. 1 on the charts for six weeks.
3. Van Halen loved the '80s so much, they named an album after one year in the decade. Which year?
1984 was Van Halen's sixth studio album. It's was only 33 minutes in length, but was packed with hits like "Panama" and "Jump." This was also the last album with charismatic frontman David Lee Roth.
4 What's Madonna's real name? The material girl's real name is Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone. She was born on Aug. 16, 1958 in Bay City, Mich.
5. In 1986, Run D.M.C. had a hit with a remake of a song from what classic rock group?
In 1986, Run D.M.C. had a top-five hit with a remake of Aerosmith's "Walk This Way." The popularity of Run D.M.C.'s cover helped Aerosmith stage a comeback. They released Permanent Vacation in 1987, which spawned a number of hits.
6. "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds was featured in what '80s movie?
The song was featured in the 1985 movie "The Breakfast Club," which starred members of the "Brat Pack"-- Ally Sheedy, Molly Ringwald and Judd Nelson.
7. Who is Stanley Kirk Burrell better known as?
8. Which hip hop group had a platinum selling album called Straight Outta Compton?
9. The song “Please Mr Postman” has been covered by the Carpenters and the Beatles but who recorded the song originally ?
10 Voulez-Vous was the sixth studio album by which Swedish pop group?
21. Bruce Springsteen claimed to have been born in the ...
22.Where did the Beach Boys wish all girls could come from?
23 David Bowie in a song asked, "is there life" on...
24 Which US state did John Denver think was 'almost heaven'?
25 Duran Duran sang a song about a girl, her name was the same as a place, which place am I talking about? Rio
26 "And the lights all went out in _____" - where, according to the Bee Gees' song?
27 In 1981, who told us 'about the boy from New York City'?
28 In 1999, who sang 'All night on the beach til the break of dawn, I'm going to Miami, welcome to Miami'?
29 Bananarama sang about what planet in 1986 ? Venus
30 Who said "You gotta lose your mind in Detroit Rock City"? Kiss
Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.