Philips Pronto Professional Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Topic:
Brand new, unboxed Prontos
This thread has 4 replies. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Saturday June 6, 2020 at 09:44
Twelfth Monkey
November 2016
Hi all.

Just thought I'd point out an eBay store that has some unboxed Prontos for sale. I have no connection with them, but have used them and thought others might like to know they are available:

[Link: ebay.co.uk]

(I know RC doesn't always allow links, so search eBay for Philips Pronto etc and you'll find them).

I'd been a little wary of buying one that must be a good few years old, mostly because I suspected the battery might not be in top condition, but it's absolutely fine - brighter screen than my 2nd hand ones and the link to an extender I have in the garage for garden/Christmas lights is definitely stronger. Basically, I was happy enough that I ordered a 2nd 9800 - including import duties to the UK they came in at around 400 a piece.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or is inappropriate, but I thought I'd share as the chance to buy one of these wonderful things 'new' is something I didn't expect and which might never happen again.
Post 2 made on Saturday June 6, 2020 at 14:41
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Yes, you see very few "new" ones.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester
Post 3 made on Sunday June 14, 2020 at 15:43
wdahnert
Long Time Member
November 2010
I got a brandnew TSU9600 from an Australian company off e-bay. Pristine but not cheap. They apparently have a few more. I guess they purchased these in bulk in 2005 (the year that comes up when I first opened it).
I still think that this remote is one of the best I have ever used.

Now I have 2 TSU9600/37 with dysfunctional screens but otherwise fully funtioning electonics up to the point of the screen crash, that anyone may get from me if they are willing to pay for the postage.
Wolfgang Dahnert
Post 4 made on Monday June 15, 2020 at 01:55
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
Thanks for the link action Twelfth Monkey. Very cool. That seller has quite a bit of stock left, all new. Amazing. Tempted to add that 9200 combo to my Pronto collection. :-P
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.
OP | Post 5 made on Monday June 15, 2020 at 03:40
Twelfth Monkey
November 2016
You're very welcome! I've had a lot of help from this site before (esp. LM), so anything I can do to pay it back a little...

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse