|Post 1 made on Friday August 13, 2004 at 09:26|
I've finally gotten busy enough to want a PDA to help keep my life organized. Plus with the addition of a home theater system and Slim Devices SlimP3, I want to use the PDA as a remote control and would appreciate any feedback:
My requirements are:
1. to use the PDA's IR with a remote emulator to control all my components, SlimP3 included. I do NOT want to have to use the PDA's audio out for the IR transmitter, see point 3
2. to use the PDA as a web browser, using WI-FI and control the SlimP3 from the servers web page.
3. maybe even stream music to the PDA, kinda like a walkman? Using squeezebox?
4. maybe be able to get online via cell phone technology to check email while out and about.
5. if 4. is possible, why not use it as a cell phone...
6. oh yeah, maybe have some sort of calendar or something to help justify this to the wife....
|Post 2 made on Tuesday September 21, 2004 at 23:40|
For items 1 through 6, excluding 5 (I like the phone and PDA to be separate items) why not check out the iPAQ rx3115 or rx3715. I'm getting the latter in October. Here's a link if you wanna check them out:[Link: shopping.hp.com]
Sorry about the long URL!
|Post 3 made on Wednesday September 22, 2004 at 16:13 |Please read the following:
Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace
. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here
. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.