Previous section Next section Previous page Next page Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Page 2 of 2
Topic:
Comcast RNG-110 Cable Box IR
This thread has 26 replies. Displaying posts 16 through 27.
Post 16 made on Tuesday October 6, 2009 at 20:22
mdeligny
Long Time Member
November 2003
Cisco makes the new RNG boxes I think right? Do they still carry the Sigma chipsets or are they Cisco now or something? I still have my SA-8300HD and hope it never dies! :)
Post 17 made on Wednesday October 14, 2009 at 11:39
MAC2009
Lurking Member
October 2009
For all you MX users... I've loaded and tested Universal's IR code set in the data base and it works great.

Data base -> Cable -> Pace -> [Pace 3]
Peace!
Post 18 made on Sunday October 18, 2009 at 17:00
Piotr55
Lurking Member
September 2009
Yup - I've learned that much (location of the IR receivers on RNG110) chatting with Comcast rep. Still no success with my Harmony 550 (via IR repeater). What is the exact model number of "DCT" boxes someone cited here? I am NOT interested in DVR, just HD set-top box. I heard also ofDCX and DCH line, but undertsnad that these are DVR's.
Post 19 made on Sunday October 25, 2009 at 17:44
dcci
Long Time Member
November 2003
On October 14, 2009 at 11:39, MAC2009 said...
For all you MX users... I've loaded and tested Universal's IR code set in the data base and it works great.

Data base -> Cable -> Pace -> [Pace 3]

Can anyone confirm these fix the Menu, Exit, CH+, 2, 5, etc. problem?
Post 20 made on Saturday December 12, 2009 at 16:56
GotGame
February 2002
The DCT3200 is the box you want that uses the "110" code set.

I successfully tested the IR input on the back of the RNG110 with the little IR extender that is shipped with the DTA boxes. We need to find a good source for these ir receivers, so for now save the ones that come with the DTA if you don't use them. I did not test code sets today through the IR receiver. The good news is the box can be buried in a can behind the flat panel without being seen. Why didn't Comcrap ship these little IR receivers with this new box-cost.

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.
Post 21 made on Thursday December 17, 2009 at 21:22
rbrtferry
Lurking Member
August 2008
Well, that's Comcast...busy buying Disney or something...hey I tried putting a simple Xantech IR repeater on a Samsung ultrathin TV and the damn thing would not work. And I was using that funny colored Comcast remote not a programmable remote. When I opened the door, the green remote eye winked at me but when I tried to send the exact code thru the IR repeater...NOTHING!! Tried moving around the emitter and tried 2 emitters and still nothing. Even turned off the TV. Is it the frequency not passing? The weird thing is that the customer wanted me to connect an old series II Tivo up to it so they could record and watch it on channel 3 (but keep HDMI for HD watching) . Damn if the TIVO IR repeater seem to work fine. Tomorrow , I'll try that mini receiver I stole from a DTA install. Wish me luck in Short Hills, NJ
R J Ferry
Post 22 made on Monday January 11, 2010 at 13:57
Jkeith247
Lurking Member
January 2010
I have found the magic bullet... I had to take my phillips pronto tsu9600 and learn the codes there... then I shot them back at the mx850 out of the pronto. This was after hours of dickin around with this remote, but it worked.
If practice makes perfect and nobody's perfect, why practice?
Post 23 made on Tuesday February 9, 2010 at 02:27
SBMongoos
Lurking Member
September 2009
I tried the idea about using the IR Sensor Extender that comes with the DTAs that Comcast has been sending out. So I went to the other room and removed it from the DTA I had there and plugged it into the back of the Pace RNG 110. Guess what! Works like a charm now. That would tell me that the sensor(s) on the RNG110 aren't very good. If the remote that comes with it performs no better or less that the Harmony remote but using a plug in IR Sensor does the trick...I think we have a fix here.

Panasonic TC-P42S1
Panasonic DMP-BD60K
Marantz SV7300 Marantz DV4300 Marantz CC4300 Paradigm Monitor 7s Paradigm PS1000 Paradigm CC-370 Panamax Max 4300 (surge protector/line conditioner)
Post 24 made on Thursday February 17, 2011 at 17:28
Madeira83
January 2011
URC has an RNG200 code in the database that works with the comcast cisco box
Post 25 made on Thursday February 17, 2011 at 21:22
spearhead
Founding Member
November 2001
I realize that most of this is an old thread, but there is something really wrong here. I just replaced my Motorola Comcast box with the RNG 110. My old Comcast remote works with it, and my Harmony remote programmed for my Motorola box works with it. Every command, including the ones mentioned above.

Either Comcast has changed the IR codes or the MX series has a problem.
Post 26 made on Saturday April 30, 2011 at 12:56
Bill Mullin
Long Time Member
August 2002
Comcast just switched over to all digital cable in my area, forcing me to use their model DC50Xu DTA and remote. I programmed my MX-700 and my MX-850 by learning the codes from the Comcast remote, but I can't get the 2 or 5 to learn - forcing me to also keep the Comcast remote controls by our TV's.

After reading the above posts, I found that "DB --> Cable --> Pace --> [Pace3]" should work. Unfortunately, my IR codes only went to [Pace2], and neither [Pace1] nor [Pace2] worked. I then read that I could try cable codes 113, 120, and 123, but my cable codes only went up to 112.

I checked and found that I have program version 1.12.282 for both my MX-700 and MX-850, which is probably an old version. So I called the local dealer who sold me the URC remotes and found that he is out of business.

If someone would please send the latest programs for both the MX-700 and MX-850 to my e-mail address "bill(at)aa4m(dot)com", or just make them available for download and send me the links, I'd be very appreciative. If the IR codes can be upgraded without updating the program, then all I'll need are the codes. Thanks in advance!

- Bill

Last edited by Bill Mullin on April 30, 2011 16:29.
Post 27 made on Thursday May 12, 2011 at 13:12
Bill Mullin
Long Time Member
August 2002
Anyone??
Page 2 of 2

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse