The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday April 29, 2010 at 17:17
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On April 29, 2010 at 08:48, wogster said...
Having a bad day today?

No. I hope you're doing well.

Pardon me for assuming that folks around here would be intellegent enough to figure from the thread title that "anything" would have something to do with the forums general topic, namely HDTV reception.

Well, yes, that's true up to a point. At this moment, some of the threads I see in this forum are:
Daniel, someone lifted your site
Time Warner HD in Albany NY
8 bay antenna digiwave
When to use preamplifier
From Niagara Falls
Electroline VS. Linear
Need new antenna rotor
Time Warner QAM Alert
HDTV in the basement with an indoor antenna
Homemade HD antenna…any help?
Insignia remote Code for Comcast On Demand Remote?

Each of those threads actually names the issue it's focused on. Should your title imply that you're asking if anything has changed with Daniel's website hijacker?
New Antenna rotor needs?
The Time Warner QAM Alert?

As I see it, the subject line is there for a couple of reasons. One is to entice people to check out something interesting, so the title might just pass on some information. Another is so that when a person sees the thread six months from now, they'll have a clue what it was about. I mean, the other end of the spectrum is the fact that absolutely every thread could accurately be titled simply "Help." That title would work, because most everyone is asking for help. I'm asking you to make a thread title a bit more helpful than that in pinning down what the subject is.

I don't give a rats derrier about toenails, other then due to a recent surgery I can't bend over far enough to deal with my own.  

That's a drag. But with all the possible issues that your title might deal with -- note that site hijacking and Insignia Remotes have nothing to do with TV reception -- toenails are only slightly off whatever the topic might be.

Right now it seems that 66-1 isn't coming in, 41-1 (physical channel 65) is dodgy and 64-1 is clear as a bell.  I am working on the antenna reflector today using some left over aluminum window screening.

Because those are so close together in the spectrum, they all should come in equally well IF the signals are comparable to begin with and the aiming is correct. I doubt that antenna mods will improve things. They might, though.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse