The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 46 made on Tuesday April 20, 2010 at 18:32
daveand
Long Time Member
January 2010
I've been suffering with the same problem ever since the new firmware release. I reported it on a separate thread. But I do have a very interesting result. If I leave my pronto TSU9600 in the docking cradle I get absolutely no command failed messages. I've even cleared the diagnostic log of all the 450/405 messages and then used it for 24 hours - nothing new in the logs whatsoever. Up to now in trying to resolve the problem I've tried loads of things. Changing wireless security between none (just MAC security), WEP128, WPA; changing wireless channels (I already run the pronto on a standalone LAN connected to only the RFX9400 and a second ethernet port on my NAS for squeezeserver access); and I even tried rolling back the firmware on my devices (the main achievement being that I managed to brick my RFX9400 and had to replace it). None of these things have had any impact on the command failed messages. I haven't been able to run a DHCP server on my standalone pronto LAN, so I haven't been able to confirm/deny that that resolves the problem; but leaving the panel in the docking cradle seems to completely resolve things. I'm therefore left wondering whether this is actually a power management issue in the new wireless stack that came with the latest firmware update?

Can anyone else having the same problem try leaving their panel in the dock?

Hosting Services by ipHouse