Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Tuesday April 6, 2010 at 21:26
LiveWire
December 2004
On April 6, 2010 at 20:58, jimstolz76 said...
 bump

so let's say we want to prewire all the TV locations at a job (that I have to finish the proposal for tomorrow) with fiber left in the wall for "future"

I'm going to call Liberty in the morning, but I don't even know what to ask for.  I'm looking on their site right now but it's all a bit Greek to me...  

We'll be proposing a component matrix for right now and haven't decided on exactly what we'll be running to the TVs.  May be a Liberty 23awg 6 mini-coax bundle with 2 Cat5 plus an additional 2 Cat6 (plus fiber, hopefully)

Where do I start?  :)

edit - oh, and what do I do with the fiber that will just be hanging behind the wall, and what about the stuff that's going to end up near the patch panels for the rack?

Multimode is best for pretty much all video distribution and matrix hardware

As for the fiber hanging out in the different locations. Just leaving it taping over it or something like that it fine. Even if it gets dirty by the time you cut what you need to for termination you will have clean material. We ALWAYS like to leave enough to do termination on ground or a good work area, as if you leave 12" of behind the TV 6' in the air you will be kicking yourself

Also the way liberty does their part number it says "6F or "2F" or other numbers... that means how many fiber strands are in jacket. I would suggest a 2 Fiber minimum. Most device now use only 1... but figure down the road you may have some huge bandwidth that needs more... At that point it may be worth comparing 4F to see how much more it is.

Also there is something that is going to be in part # or description rated in MM... that would be the size of the actual fiber and is very important for when you are buying connectors also the bandwidth is different and some device require one vs the other. I would say in a house for video distribution either would be fine because as of now you probably don't know what devices you will need.

50 micron (500Mhz/km at 850nm vs. 160Mhz/km at 850nm for 62.5).
www.livewiresi.com
[Link: facebook.com]
Pro AV-Broadcast-Commercial AV

Hosting Services by ipHouse