Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday April 5, 2010 at 23:41
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On April 5, 2010 at 22:26, phil said...
...(by the way, what model are we talking about here? Sorry Ernie but you missed your chance)

Nah. My signature was there.

Why wouldn't the mfgr just set them all the same at the factory?

That implies that a) every hospitality situation is the same or b) you ordered them all set up a particular way at the factory.

On April 5, 2010 at 23:06, JWheels said...
I certainly hope you guys are just "trying" to be funny.

No, we're not.  Ask a question with no model number and... read the rest of my signature.

Why would you want to program 100 TVs with the same settings? You are kidding? Must be you haven't heard of volume limiters or disabling the front panel controls or loading the name of the business so it comes up every time the set is turned on?

Most of our business is residential, so we don't have to think about that. I'd say it was up to you to mention it, and as you say, now that you've told us what it's about, you're ready for useful responses. I submit that our answers pretty much matched the information you supplied and the website you supplied it on.

Notice on page 2, under features, it lists "USB Cloning"?

Did you notice that it's mentioned on the first page, too?

On the second page it says

USB Cloning A quick and easy way to copy the ideal settings of one television to all others on the property. Saves time and helps provide a consistent experience in all rooms.

Now, does anyone have a useful response?

Why, yes! The method that works with RCAs doesn't work for these (note it says "USB," not "remote control").  Contact whoever sold you those televisions so you can find out how the USB solution works and what you need to buy. Heck, maybe there's free software at their website!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse