The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday April 1, 2010 at 09:00
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
On April 1, 2010 at 01:52, RemoteQuest said...
And how about some more info on this comment???

Dave
RemoteQuest
Expert Remote Programming

the Q50/NC50 doesnt seem to have the processing speed required for all the 2 way feedback widgets.  (I have an S70 project coming up, maybe that will work better.)  When using the volume status widget posted by Nevo, the Q50 is bogged down unless you delete the 2 second timer refresh inside the widget.  Even with my own volume widget, where I only ask for the status at the release of the volume button, you end up having to wait a second or two for the  volume status to show up on the screen of the remote, before you can perform another function.  This can be a little annoying when trying to tweak the volume of the system.

There is just too much of a delay between the status request, and the status feedback.  If they had a system processor that stored all of the IR codes, macroes, widgets, etc..  And could keep them buffered so requests for status, and outputs to control equipment wouldnt collide, then the remote wouldnt have to work so hard.  Right now, I feel that Nevo's software capabilities far exceed the hardware capabilities.  

I was very excited about creating my own widgets, but now I find myself having to scale back what I do with the widgets so I don't slow down the operation of the remote.  

Don't get me wrong, I still love the 3.0 update.  But if/when the hardware catches up, Nevo will truly be a force to reckon with in this market.

[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse