The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday March 25, 2010 at 08:48
Hozer
Founding Member
November 2001
Thanks for the response. I have tried cqc, but it didn't work well for me. Again, no hard buttons and that would be a 2 handed remote. Right now I use homeseer since cqc gives me problems which even dean could (owner) could not easily address. In fact, j9 is probably better than both of those in many ways. If you viewed my video, you will basically see an approach that is attempting to use those tools, but in a unique way.

I will look further into rti, but they don't look very ergonomic. And I hear what you mean about the pros. Problem is I don't know that the pros can achieve what I am looking or meet my needs better than my current approaches.

I am a different breed though. I always liked to mess with my cars too and still do, but only if it's fun ( I like this home automation stuff). If I did like to change oil, I would do it, regardless of the car. But it's no fun so it's not a fair analogy. But something to keep in mind since I definately don't pop the hood anymore (or in my case "the trunk" since that is where my engine is (if you catch my drift). But it's not unheard of for guys to change their own oil on even the Italian exotica if that's what they are into. It's not like I don't have the cash, it's just that I'm not convinced the pros (even crestron) can better meet my needs.

Last edited by Hozer on March 25, 2010 09:19.

Hosting Services by ipHouse