The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday March 24, 2010 at 21:12
Hozer
Founding Member
November 2001
Haha, well good to know there is nothing I am missing. I feel like I am a little too far ahead of the game (i.e. I am now starting to consider typical handheld remotes as "old school" approaches). And trust me, I have had great experiences with URC back to the MX-500 over 10 years ago. It's not like I am new to this game (i.e. a member since 2001).

But I have fallen out the realm of typical remotes in favor of alternate approaches and was not sure if I had missed some great offerings in the meantime. Though it all looks to be the same as I pretty much remember.

I am still partial to URC and the 5000 looks like a good offering due to the ergonomics. I suppose I am in the minority, but the great double ring back in the MX-500 days is gone in favor aesthetically pleasing remotes (that don't necessarily have great ergonomics). The 5000 is a return to at least thinking about that aspect. I am not too impressed by the offerings from RTI and Phillips since they don't appear to have good no look "feel" to them.

Hosting Services by ipHouse