The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Wednesday March 24, 2010 at 13:52
ejfiii
Select Member
July 2003
On March 23, 2010 at 14:43, Tony Golden said...
To the contrary, I have trained *many* clients to use Panasonic phone systems. You simply program a DSS button for each of the primary rooms, and one for "all page". I also usually do one for "answer page". With it setup that way, they can perform any of those functions with no more than two button presses.

If they have more rooms than Flex buttons, I make a small laminated "cheat sheet" and attach it to the underside of the handset, or base of the phone. Some phones used to have a little holder that slid out of the bottom, similar to alarm keypads.

Well, since we didn't fall off the turnip truck last night we do the exact same thing.

The bottom line is it is not intuitive for most people even with the simple programming and laminated card.

And now how you teach them to do it from a portable? you have to use at least 6 joystick moves and presses just to get to page all. Answer page - forget it.

I'm not a proponent of touchpanel based intercoms either unless you have a lot of them around the home.

We need a game changing intercom option to offer at the highest end home integration projects.

Hosting Services by ipHouse