The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Tuesday March 23, 2010 at 14:43
Tony Golden
Founding Member
August 2001
On March 23, 2010 at 00:02, ejfiii said...
Clearly you haven't had to train a client and his wife and kids on how to
intercom another room from their location on a Panasonic phone system lately?
Or teach them how to page the whole house?

To the contrary, I have trained *many* clients to use Panasonic phone systems. You simply program a DSS button for each of the primary rooms, and one for "all page". I also usually do one for "answer page". With it setup that way, they can perform any of those functions with no more than two button presses.

If they have more rooms than Flex buttons, I make a small laminated "cheat sheet" and attach it to the underside of the handset, or base of the phone. Some phones used to have a little holder that slid out of the bottom, similar to alarm keypads.

It's actually been a few years since I was responsible for a phone system, but I have reviewed programming and instruction manuals recently, to provide information for clients and/or dealers - and the above-mentioned procedures are still possible with Panasonic.

A touchpanel *could* be easier to use, but often are not (for intercom functions). The client has the phone anyway (or should), so why not use it for the intercom too? The same way they do at work. The phone system also does a better job of it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse