The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday March 23, 2010 at 12:40
Hozer
Founding Member
November 2001
So I am not really missing anything from my short list then? Yeah, RTI might be nice, but if there is no DIY version, not sure that it would be for me.

The 9800 pronto is not a candidate for me since it is not a 1 hand remote. I should have specified it was in the order of priority (most to last). So DIY and one handed are pretty much must haves.

I know the video is quite long, but you will see I am hard to please, haha. That is why I have looked at very different approaches as shown on the video. However, I was hoping that there might be some other options other than RTI, URC, or Pronto that I may have missed. I am not sure any of those solutions will really be satisfactory to me. Like I said, I am hard to please, and am really looking at things from a significantly different angle than 99% of users. For example, I think the air mouse or touchpad may actually win out over the conventional approaches. But I would like to give the conventional approach a harder look since I currently have the MX-900 which is "OK", but is not as good as my unconventional air mouse setup for my needs.

Hosting Services by ipHouse