The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Monday March 22, 2010 at 08:52
ejfiii
Select Member
July 2003
On March 22, 2010 at 06:46, 39 Cent Stamp said...
My mistake. Its a TPS-4000L that is being used not a 6L. I do have a project with 6L's and holovision IAD/IVD's but intercomming wasn't completed while i was there. No other wired panels, 6L at the front and rear door with holovision at the gate and outside the front door.

On a side note.. i did waste a whole day learning the hard way that the speaker for the 6L is a separate order. The onboard speaker is for key clicks :).

So you have a house with 6Ls used as intercoms but you weren't there when it was brought online to know if there was an issue? I would imagine you would have heard about it if there were any.

Like the mythical Loch Ness Monster and Sasquatch I have heard of successful IADS deployments using the 6L internal mic and speaker yet I have no hard evidence that they actually exist. The final nail in the coffin for me was when ATSG told me there would be no FW or HW fix for the mic not having a level control. Too bad really as the 6L is a great panel otherwise and I am forced to continue to implement phone systems for intercom functionality.

Hosting Services by ipHouse