Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday March 22, 2010 at 07:24
Audible Solutions
March 2004
On March 22, 2010 at 06:37, Gman-north said...
Alan,

There is going to be:
3 - TPMC-4SM
9 - APAD
3 - ML-600

This one, will be programmed in Simpl

Run this by Crestron immediately! Find someone who knows the Adagio very well. Based on my experience you are going to be in VERY BIG TROUBLE. The limit based on my experience is 6-8 bi-directional devices. You have 12.

We 6 APADs, 2 8x and 3 ML-600 and the processor crashed. I was told by ATSG that 12 bi-directional UIs was the limit the processor could handle. Only you cannot add any logic to that system so it's sort of useless metric. Get Crestron to certify this design. Programming in Simpl will get you an other 2 meg in free space--and you will need it. But I don't think the Adagio has the RAM for this design, unless you have other processors in the system you've left out. If I am correct and you have issues but Crestron has certified the design you will be able to get them to help you out. If this is your design and all hell breaks loose you may have to beg for help. If I'm mistaken the few minutes it will take to confirm the design will work will be worth the effort.

Before you begin engineering the cool features you might want to make sure the basic design is going to work. You may find at MC2E/AAE is required for this design. If I am in error, great. But if I am correct you will want to fix this long before you install and certainly prior to ordering the equipment.

Having been down this path I do not think I am in error. But with new firmware the APAD may not be the memory hog it was when we overwhelmed the processor. Find out. Oh, yes, if Crestron says this design will work, get it in writing.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse