The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday March 18, 2010 at 20:30
Finita
Lurking Member
March 2010
Thanks for your reply Bruce, Yea, that's what I thought but Ive had a night mare trying to get the z880 to do much of anything over RS232. Really have covered everything I can think of trying to get this black box to work. Messed with the dip switches, made new RS232 cables, RS232 Adapters, different baud rates, call every tech support going and even read the instructions more than once! But nothing... I tried IR at the rear and with a blaster cross the front. It seemed nothing would make this box switch other than its own dedicated remote.
However at last today after almost 3 weeks of suffering I've managed to control it.
I was about to throw it out of the rack when i decided I'd try one last thing. Learned the IR codes yet again back into URC. Took a Niles Flood IR emitter and centered it over the IR window about 3inchs high. Then I turned the pot on the URC MSC400 clock-ways all the way. Bugger me its working!!!
I'll think twice about using Elan again, I haven't had half as much stress with Niles, Smart-e or Nuvo RS232 in the past.

Hosting Services by ipHouse