Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Tuesday March 16, 2010 at 19:22
drewski300
January 2007
On March 16, 2010 at 16:15, lexiphanic said...
Well, I figured out what was going on (for now). I always assumed that the RTI software tracked Hardware zones A-F. From what I'm seeing as I troubleshoot this, it seems that it actually tracks Code Sets 11-16.

Emailed RTI about it, I'll see what they have to say.

Correct! A-F simply represents the speaker outputs on the back of the CT unit and not the acutal zones. The RTI driver should have referred to the zones as 11-16 and not A-F.

With there current driver you cannot create a "driver" controlled party scene based on a code set (other than all zones with that CT unit). And it would take a lot more programming for RTI to do all 128 codesets.

It sorta sucks but I've found that if you send a Power Off RS232 command for example codeset 24 that represented Power Off for zone 11, 12, 14, and 16 the CT unit will not send out response strings as fast as if you were to issue a seperate Power Off 11, then Power Off 12, and so forth.
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse