The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday March 10, 2010 at 23:25
Benford AV
August 2007
I can't believe it...

Last week I ordered the SCH2P from A&^D, got the job scheduled, went there today, did the install, activated the tuner all is well except it won't respond to any commands. I tried several codes and did some general troubleshooting to no avail.

The SCH2P doesn't come with a remote, which is fine because it is a CI product that is designed to be integrated. It also doesn't have an IR receiver on the front panel so I cannot try sending standalone codes from a programmed remote or try to slap an emitter on the front.

In order to program the codes into the Niles ZR8630 I must "learn" them via an RTI remote that I programmed with the codes in the database, then I downloaded the proper codes from sirius.com and copied the hex data into my own IR library and still nothing.

I called Sirius and the tech support guy sounded like he was smoking pot and eating lunch while I was trying to trobleshoot the problem. Everytime I asked a question he just started reading the maual word for word. Then I called Niles and tech support said it sounds like this device is "unlearnable" and probably won't work. Apperantly the old ZR4630/8630 won't work with some devices and Niles doesn't care because it is discontinued product.

So any suggestions? Different tuner maybe?
The Soundwave
www.the-soundwave.com
B&W, Classe', Rotel, Paradigm, Integra, Denon, Audioquest, RTI, Niles, Pioneer Elite, Bell'O

Hosting Services by ipHouse