The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 50 made on Sunday March 7, 2010 at 16:34
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
With backgrounds its always better to start with something bigger then you need vs smaller then you need. That way you have 2 options. #1. Is to crop a section of the image to the size you need it. #2. Scale the image to the size you need it. Here are some screenshots to explain.

Cropping lets you take a piece of the full size image. Very handy for eliminating logos and text you dont want to see or for capturing just a portion of a photo.

Scaling lets you keep the entire image. This usually works fine unless you are scaling waaaay down from the original image. And even then you only notice imperfection on hard lines in the image.

Im most graphics editors you can adjust the size of something manually using your mouse or you can type in exactly what you want. For an image like the one in my example its usually not important that you keep it scaled equally. Meaning you can go from a 4:3 image to a 16:9 image and no one will be able to tell the difference. But with photos and things other than random patterns you have to try and keep it equal. So 800X600 can easily be 400X300 but not 600X200.

This is from fireworks. I cant say for sure but i assume there is a similar feature in every graphics editor.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse