The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Tuesday March 2, 2010 at 20:22
rdstott
Lurking Member
March 2010
Thanks for this thread guys... I also have the dreaded blue screen of death on my 890 and the standard battery/firmware tricks are not working. They did the last time this happened 6 months ago but not now, so I've ordered the replacement LCD on the basis this worked for you Fish, so crossing fingers it works for me.

My 2c on this is that yes obviously people need to accept responsibility if the remote has been dropped/damaged in their care, however there are MANY people complaining about this same problem with 880's and 890's, many of whom say they didn't drop it at all. I can't vouch for anyone else but I definitely did not drop mine - I witnessed the screen go from working to not working while I had it in my hand. Therefore I'm quite convinced this is a design fault and not just down to people being careless.

Logitech must know this by now and should own up to it IMO, and at a minimum offer the 50% discount for those customer's who experience this, wihtout a fight, if their remotes are out of warranty. I don't think that's an unreasonable ask given this is a design issue.

Hosting Services by ipHouse