The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Tuesday March 2, 2010 at 17:03
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
I think our very first officially unofficial GUI contest in the new GUI forum here at Remote Central went very well. Next time around i think the time frame will be longer and we should pick a couple of judges and genres.

Duct Tape's animation is awesome but you cant really compare it to the CQC GUI entered by sic0048. How would you pick the winner? If based on animation then the extensive custom CQC UI loses. If based on number of pages and sources/subsystems then the CQC UI wins. I think if we break it up into categories, slick animations wont have to compete with photo realistic entries like the Lutron keypad from mraneri. And maybe a category for the pros like gwstudios and one for integrators like charris who have a very tightly/custom tailored UI.

As for this time around.. no rules means no losers so everyone who entered gets a T-Shirt or Water bottle. PM me with your shipping address and choice of prizes.

CJ.. i have to say that i honestly think yours is the best. You have a very talented fella working for you. ;)
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse