The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday March 1, 2010 at 02:58
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On February 23, 2010 at 22:50, hd fan said...
Yes some channels will use VHF Hi Band 7-13, including A-channel from Barrie. BTW CBLT still broadcasts in Analog in Ch 5 but CBLT-DT broadcast the HD digital version on channel 20 labeled as channel 5.1.

I have looked into this for my Los Angeles area market, and UHF plus hi-band VHF are needed. I have seen this when checking several other markets, too. I have found that stations that used to be on frequencies 7 - 13 have gone back or will go back to those frequencies.

My favorite is the Channel Master 2016. It's not too expensive. It's small, as it's basically a UHF antenna with one pair of added elements for 7 - 13.

On February 26, 2010 at 19:02, Daniel Tonks said...
Yeah, I really think it was a mistake to not completely abandon VHF. UHF antennas are so much easier for the population to deal with.

Bingo. It's the stupidest thing since wet bread.

On February 26, 2010 at 10:16, lipingziy said...
you can use the digital rf modulator to slove this problem

Li Ping,
please tell us the brand and model of what you are talking about. Present affordable modulators with digital signals do not use the same kind of modulation as over-the-air (OTA) stations, so most TVs cannot tune them in when set to tune in OTA stations.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse