The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 28, 2010 at 17:37
NDsubalum
Long Time Member
October 2008
Using Philips TSU 9800 and RFX9600 Extender controlling a Sim2 Projector. I have a 22' long serial (9 pin) cable connected to the RS232 on the PJ and Serial port 2 on the Extender. Serial port #1 controls an audio processor without any problem (same cable type). Using most current software in both the 9800 and Extender. The PJ has been properly tested for RS232 function before being shipped to me.

We ran an individual "Input" test page that had a button for each Input on the PJ (with the corresponding RS232 Code for that Input as supplied by Sim2). When pressing each test button everything tests fine (i.e. pressing Input 8 results in the PJ selecting Input 8), BUT, as soon as we insert the codes into the config and use them in a Macro, they don't work (i.e. selecting Blu-Ray (assigned to Input 8, results in Input 13 (SDI) by selected by the PJ. None of the inputs (for DirecTv, BR, Kaleidescape) work, they all select an Input different from what is in the Config. Very strange.

We also, tried changing Serial ports, moved to #3, changed Config, and still the same problem, so it isn't the individual serial ports. Also, there was a time, with an earlier Sim2 PJ, that these worked properly. Sim2 assures us they fully tested the RS232 function on this new PJ and it was fine. I believe them, and the individual tests we did verify this, just not sure what to try next.
Thanks for reading and for any comments.
James

Hosting Services by ipHouse