Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Friday February 26, 2010 at 21:14
Audible Solutions
March 2004
On February 26, 2010 at 20:49, Gman-north said...
As for the " please wait page", I've never really been a fan. I have found that many customers just ignore that anyway. My customers anyway. I used to use it so that customers would remember to keep pointing the remote at the TV or gear when it was an IR only remote. They never listened...lol

Why not conditionalize the buttons with a timer out? In Simpl this could be a Stepper2 busy signal or a one shot going high for the time you want to prevent system activity--stop button presses.

In Systmbuilder you can do the same thing with an If else statement

It means that every press on the remote runs the a check statement--an other annoying step to add to every drag and drop button press. Systembuilder is already a PIA to code and adding these steps is a real PIA. But it's doable.

I've only thoght of doing this once and mercifully the client finally learned to wait the 10s, but I also changed the logic a bit. But copying every button press into a buffer is a lot faster than doing the same thing in an IF/then in Systembuilder.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse