Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday February 16, 2010 at 12:56
anyhomeneeds
December 2007
On February 15, 2010 at 20:04, TRighter said...
Thanks for the quick response Joe. So as I understand it, even though the URC-specific dimmers are RF, they would not integrate into my RadioRa, is that correct?

That is correct. The URC Dimmers are designed as single room solutions, and operate at a different frequency to the Ra dimmers. They also don't offer any 2-way communication like the Ra dimmers.

I suppose if I'm going to use a dimmer that doesn't integrate, I can just use the Lutron IR switches I have experience with (and the codes) - and can get them online. Thats a good inexpensive option - thanks.

I think I'd like to try the other route you suggested, so that it all integrates. It looks like the RA-IR-Kit is an infrared repeater. I'm not sure how that is required when the MX-3000 also can beam IR and I have the MRF-300 (unless the RA-IR-KIT isrequired to make the 2 talk to each other?)

That is just a Xantech IR repeater kit. You are accomplishing the same thing with the MRF-300.

It looks like the RA-RS232 is overkill because it provides the 2 way feedback that I won't be using. It looks like the RA-IR interface is the one to use but -- it says it requires the IR-KIT. Then it would be more expensive than the 232. Does it require use of the Graphic Eye as stated - or would that just be an option in this case?

Still confused on which combos of equipment would be needed. Thanks for any help

RA-IR is all you will need to integrate your URC system with the Ra sysem. I has an IR receiver in it that you stick an IR emmitter on. It will count towards one of the master controls on the Ra system.
"You can't fix stupid."

Hosting Services by ipHouse