The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday February 7, 2010 at 15:41
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
Holy smokes!!!, Now I need a 12 feet Dish (9/10 FEC requieres very good S/N levels) and a receiver capable of 4:2:2 video to watch the 80 Mbit/s DVB-S2 8PSK Backhaul signal !!!. This one at only 45 Mb/s bitrate looks so awesome and the game has not even started yet. Imagine the fiber optics link peopel!!!

It is a 1080i signal since it is CBS and because it is a backup feed (for all the BDU's and the TV stations in case the main DVB-S2 Backhaul fails) it also has the US National commercials.I will end up watching the game at some friend's house , being a Cuban, I will end up prefering watching it a lower resolution but with friends that at a higher one but alone.

This feed has 3 audio tracks (only the first 1 has audio), all labeled and marked as DD , but my Onkyo shows it as 2 channel PCM 48 khz, I wonder why they did not send them as DD 5.1. Good thing they are not using Dolby E (Evolve) for the backups otherwise no audio for me. Dolby E allows a broadcaster to send only 2 digital audio tracks but on the other end recreate the original 5.1 audio tracks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse