The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday February 7, 2010 at 14:45
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
Well , I think I am screw on this one. Will have to settle with a backup feed then. Main feed is going via fiber optics from stadium to new york as reported on the internet and the Satellite backhaul not only has 9/10 FEC but is also 4:2:2 video (CBC also uses this for their HNIC feeds BTW) and the audio is the new Dolby E format. I definetely do not have equipment capable of processing such audio and video. There is always a back up feed in some other Sats and even a World feed or TV stations from other countrys like TV Azteca that also carry the signal , but they do not have the video quality of even the Sat Master feed. The only True Uncompressed HD feed is going by fiber at a whopping 1.5 Gb/s !!!.

The parameters for CBS Backup feed are: Normal DVB 4:2:0 video that any FTA receiver can properly display. But even with my 6 footer signal levels are quite low now. Who knows maybe later at show time they increase power , it is too early yet.

Galaxy 19 at 97W
Frec: 4141H
SR 32361
FEC 3/4

In any case this parameters indicate that even this HD backup is at least at a net data bitstream rate of 44.7 Mbit/s (the brutto or real is acctually 48.5 but I have deducted the Reed-Solomon Error Correction info). Compare that to the 19.4 Mbit/s OTA signal which is already very good (and the normal naked eye at normal viewing distances will not discern a difference) and you will "see" the difference then.

No matter which signal you watch I wish you enjoy the game and remember Drive safe.

Hosting Services by ipHouse