The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Tuesday February 2, 2010 at 19:46
ceied
Loyal Member
February 2002
On February 1, 2010 at 15:41, suttonNJ said...
Hi
I discovered this thread while researching home audio systems. I'm in the process of evaluating Nuvo Grand Concerto vs Niles ZR-6 in my new home. I have 2 techs bidding on the job that have spec'd a 12 zone system for the Nuvo (2 receivers with 12 keypads) and a 14 zone (3 Niles ZR-6 with 14 keypads).

The installed Nuvo is running me 15K inclusive of IPOD, am/fm, 15 pairs of Episode 8" speakers, 1 Episode 12 channel amp.

The installed Niles system is circa $14K for the equipment (inclusive of Polk 8" speakers) + another 5K for installation, total 19K.

Considering there are many experts on this site, what is the opinion of these 2 systems. Niles costs 30% more - is it worth it? I've read tons of reviews and there are lovers and haters on both sides. What's the best value for my money. Both my husband and I are semi-technical and avid IPOD users, but I would rate us as intermediate sound folks. We have no experience in home audio systems so would love some expert advice.

The home I'm building is circa 8000 square feet. I am looking for an easy to use system where I can upload my music easily (predominantly mp3s but some CDs), have a central repository and easy to use keypads that are intuitive.

Thanks -
Lady in Jersey

8000 sq ft new home... last thing i am worried about is cost..... i would make sure the dealer is solid(find a dealer you can trust and dont shop the guy and compare systems, it will drive you crazy with he said she said bullshit!) and i would use a better system than the ones specified. why spend 15k-19k and get an ok system when you can spend a bit more and get a kick ass system...... ipods do not make good quality sound...it make convenience at the expense of sound!...
Ed will be known as the Tiger Woods of the integration business, followed closely with the renaming of his company to "Hotties A/V". The tag line will be "We like big racks and tight holes"...

Hosting Services by ipHouse