Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 29, 2010 at 17:26
afishy1
Long Time Member
January 2010
Hi Everyone,
I am new here and just wanted to express my feelings about Logitech.
I have owned a Harmony 890 remote since August 07. I used it for about 3 months and then we had to move to Florida and the remote was put into storage for 9 months while we relocated. After we found a house we got all of our stuff out of storage and I started using the remote again. Well, my 5 year old dropped the remote twice back in November 09. It was a 2 foot drop to a carpeted floor. Everything still worked fine till the next day. When I retrieved the remote from the charging caddy I noticed that no text appeared anymore on the blue lcd screen. I called logitech and explained exactly what happened and they advised me that the product was out of warranty and that a dropped item would not be covered anyway. I paid over 350.00 for this item and I was very upset. I started doing some searching on the internet at Logitechs own support forum and found 3 pages of customers complaining about this same issue. Non had admitted to dropping their remotes. I now realized that this was a hardware issue known to the company and I called back to try to get them to replace my remote. I spoke to them on 3 different occasions and each time the support person said there was nothing they could do but they would escalate my problem to a supervisor and they would call me back. They never called back. I made my last call today and complained to the warranty dept. and let them know that this was a hardware issue and they should replace my remote. They said no. For the first time today, a supervisor from the warranty dept. called me back. He said no as well and said it was too far out of warranty. I tried to explain about the hardware issue and the 3 pages of complaints about the same problem on their forum and he said that is just a small amount of problems compared to all of the Harmony 890s that were sold! Lucky me to get one of the bad ones!! I am fuming about this. I do not expect a company to warranty a product forever BUT if they know there is a problem, they should at least give me one more hopefully GOOD remote to try to make me happy in my opinion.
I have been buying Logitechs products for about 20 years and have never tried to return anything. It figures that the one product I buy from them that costs $350.00 has a defect that they will not replace. I do not feel that a 2 foot drop to a carpeted floor should render this item useless. The problem is hardware related but they would not budge.
I realized in the last few weeks after talking with Logitech on numerous occasions, that I am nobody to them. I will never buy another logitech product and am warning all of you to be careful in your purchases from them.
I have searched for any internet fixes for this problem but have not found anything other than someone said maybe pull the battery for a few hours and see if that works. It did not. I had also made sure I had the latest firmware and also reinstalled it. It did not help. I have not tried to take it apart yet but am pretty handy and that would be my next step.
I would appreciate any help from anybody to get the LCD to display text again.
I am sorry for my first post on here to be a rant like this. I would never treat my customers like this and If I knew that there was a defect in one of my products that I had sold to someone, I would fix it or give them a new corrected product.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank You, afishy1

Last edited by afishy1 on January 29, 2010 18:06.

Hosting Services by ipHouse