The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday January 28, 2010 at 08:18
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
IIRC, the default pages I've seen include a page that has something like "are you sure you want to shut down?" on it, with Yes and No. Maybe this remote should have that so they have the option to reconsider.

That said, the projectors I've worked with have two minute cool-down periods. I'm guessing that the programmer (did thebland program this?) didn't take the time to find out what the absolute minimum cool-down period was.

To find out, turn off the projector. Use a timer, and two minutes later try to power it back on. Then again, ten seconds after that, then ten seconds later, etc. Once you've verified a minimum that way, check it again without those earlier button pushes just to be sure.

In some systems, I want the projector to always be on one particular input when I power it up, so I set it to that on shutdown, then turn the projector off. These should be the first two commands of the shutdown macro.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse