Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 13, 2006 at 10:08
ran007
Lurking Member
February 2006
Hey All,

I want to post this chat session that I just had with Sony support. This is about a HUGE problem that the DVP-CX995V 400 Disc DVD player has. The problem is that the disc information people spend hours typing in sometimes dissapears if the player is unplugged or when you are playing a DVD and you hit the eject button (this is what happened to me).

This guy I chatted with supposedly had never heard of this and doesn't have any docs to support my problem (that everone else has too). I feel he knows there's a problem with the player because he wouldn't tell me if he would buy one for himself. Also, notice that he mentions that it can happen when there is a power surge. Then later, he mentions that he has no documentation about the issue.

If you have this problem I URGE YOU to go to [Link: esupport.sony.com] to log an issue with sony and report it. PLEASE!!!

Here is the chat session that I had (WHICH WAS NO HELP AT ALL):

user Randall has entered room

analyst Wallace_ has entered room

Wallace_> Hi Randall. Welcome to Sony Online Support.

Randall> hello

Wallace_> I'm Wallace. Please allow me a brief moment to review your question.

Randall> thanks

Wallace_> Randall, can you please tell me how the titles got disappeared.

Randall> After watching a movie, I hit the Eject button on the player. The player took about 5 minutes to eject. After the DVD ejected, I went back to the explorer and all titles were erased.

Wallace_> Please stay online while I check this information for you.

Randall> thanks

Randall> I lost about 350 dvd titles. I do not want to retype this information.

Wallace_> I can understand your concern regarding the loss of the DVD title.

Wallace_> Do you have any disc information in the unit?

Randall> All of the disc information that I typed in (350 DVD's and 50 CD's) was lost.

Wallace_> I am sorry to hear that you have lost the information.

Wallace_> I suggest that you enter the Disc information once again to the unit.

Randall> This is the 3rd time this happend.

Randall> why should I try again?

Randall> Is there a fix for this?

Wallace_> I suggest that you connect the unit to a different wall outlet.

Wallace_> This can occur due to a power surge.

Randall> I have a UPS connected to this. I've never lost power to the unit.

Randall> I would like an incident number for this support issue.

Wallace_> I am sorry. We do not have a reference number for the chat session.

Randall> Is there a fix for this problem? I have discovered that virtually every DVP-CX995 owner has had this problem through online forums.

Wallace_> As this issue requires extensive troubleshooting, I suggest that you contact our Hotline Team at 1-800-222-7669 or 1-888-772-7669.

Wallace_> They are available from Mon-Fri 9:00AM-10:00PM / Sat-Sun 10:30AM-7:15PM.

Randall> Would you buy a product like this if it can't remember the information you would spend hours and hours typing?

Wallace_> We are not aware of any issues with the Sony DVPCX995V.

Randall> Would you buy a product like this if it can't remember the information you would spend hours and hours typing?

Wallace_> I am truly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Wallace_> We do conform to high quality standards, this is unusual.

Wallace_> I suggest that you contact our Home Video Hotline Team.

Randall> hello?

Wallace_> Yes, I am online.

Wallace_> I will go for the unit as we have a good review about it.

Randall> This is why I bought the product, because it had a good review, but I would like to know your opinion.

Wallace_> I am sorry. I am not authorized to reveal my personal opinion and information.

Randall> People that review products truly don't own them and experience real issues like everyone else.

Randall> I am sorry too for continuing to purchase Sony products.

Randall> If you can't reveal your opinion, can you be truthfull and tell me that you have seen documentation about this problem before?

Wallace_> I understand your concern; it is unusual for a customer to experience the challenges that you have faced.

Wallace_> I understand how you feel and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Randall> Have you seen documentation about this problem before?

Wallace_> I do understand your concern. Frankly Randall, I feel bad about not being able to assist you.

Randall> Can you have someone contact me about this issue?

Wallace_> I have not received any similar issues about the Sony DVPCX995V.

Randall> Well let me be the first documented case.

Wallace_> Yes, that is right.

Wallace_> Shall I forward a link where you will be able to send an email to our support team?

Randall> yes please

Wallace_> You feed back about the unit will be escalated to the concerned department.

Randall> I am waiting for the link.

Wallace_> Sure, I will forward a link where you will be able to send an email.

Wallace_> [Link: esupport.sony.com]

Wallace_> When you receive the link please click on it to open the page and let me know if you are able to view it.

Randall> Yes, I was able to view it.

Wallace_> Customer input and response is invaluable in the continued support and development of our products.

Wallace_> We want you to know that we appreciate your feedback.

Randall> Thank You.

Wallace_> I suggest that you send an email from the link I have send about this issue.

Hosting Services by ipHouse