The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday January 14, 2010 at 21:57
bsieb
Lurking Member
September 2004
Hopefully this product ships close to their Q1 2010 projection and either provides a tool for integrators to develop additional drivers or includes A LOT MORE DRIVERS than are currently available. Also it should operate both on zigbee for the 2-way and 433 for the quick reliable one way commands.

I started in this industry in 03' with phillips pronto and move on to URC after about 3 months of never really getting comfortable with their product. I worked with URC a little less than a year before becoming so frustrated with RF/macro and RF base station to ir conversation issues that I decided to find a product that was more reliable. Enter RTI which I've been working with ever since and LOVE it for its reliability and its programming software.

This brings me back to my hopes for the ST-7. With digital content from sources like sonos (which the pronto is now able to control & receive metadata from) and subsystems like lutron RadioRa which can communicate directly with other hand held devices reducing subsystem cost and making an expensive controller more justifiable. If the ST-7 delivers on these points I will be a BIG advocate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse