The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Thursday January 14, 2010 at 18:23
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
It is acctually possible donny. you can buy the equipment over the internet , no need for a special licence since the equipment and frecuencies are already licensed. Basically a small yagui , vertically installed , at the 2 Ghz band. I even saw on the net a 4 channel system but most equipment will only link 1 channel (it comes with composite audio/video inputs but i am sure an HD input ready system most exist) but has like 3 more available frecuencies or channels to be used in case of interference but only has 1 audio/video source input (like a cordless phone it only allows for 1 voice channel but it has up to 10 more frecuencies or channel to switch to in case of interference) .

I thought of that solution for a few cuban friends in etobicoke but as you can see everyone had to watch the same channel that the "master" was watching, which is Univision , 110% of the time , lol. It was supposed to be a star configuration since the "master" lives in the center of the area. People potentially moving in the near future made me choose independent 80 cm Dishes or small UHF antennas (even indoor) for OTA instead as possible (some buildings do not allow SAT Dishes). Somethink unthinkable back in Havana!!!, lol , although it is my understanding that down there neighborgs have run coaxial cables from 1 house to the next and the master has a Satellite Dish with only 1 receiver forcing everyone down the link to watch the same channel , which coincidentally by the way , 110% of the time is also Univision , lol. Somethink unthinkable here in Canada BTW, lol.

Hosting Services by ipHouse