Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday January 14, 2010 at 13:15
3FG
Select Member
August 2009
Sure,
The cheapest approach is to buy a RCA RCRP05B, or OneForAll URC-8820N or 10820N (make sure it is a N suffix and not B01). The RCA is easiest to get--$20 at Best Buy.

Use Cable 1982
Audio 1077 or 2169
TV 1602

If you have a Comcast remote with the red Select/OK button, you can test TV 11602 (5 dgits--the leading 1 signifies TV to that remote) to make sure that setup code works.

Hifi-remote.com has all the individual function codes for the Sherwood, so we can program any functions which are missing in the universal-- like dimmer or tone controls. All functions for a LC-45D40U (very similar to yours) are also listed.

Note that the RNG-110 uses the XMP protocol. I don't know of any learning remote which can successully learn these IR signals. So any lower cost URC won't work. Harmony remotes may work, and offer a LCD screen which can have custom labels. However, if a given function isn't in the database, it is pretty difficult to get Logitech to add the function .

The cheap remotes I listed above have the most capability for programming, but don't have backlights or customizable button names.

Hosting Services by ipHouse